Sunday, May 28, 2006

the way i feel about such things


"It was the last day of August-an achingly beautiful, golden day when the air throbbed with cricket song and smelled like ripening apples.
This was the sort of day that compelled you to be outside. To me, days like this one were holidays, and i felt it a sacred duty to honor them. Even if it meant having to work until nine every night all the rest of the week, and both days of the weekend.."

-Sy Montgomery



(i understand this woman's gratitude and sense of obligation towards a gorgeous day)

Posted by Kyrie

2 comments:

jeremy said...

are the last two posts by kyrie or chalice? It's kind of confusing. KYRIE OR CHALICE OR BOTH is what it says now and before it said just "posted by kyrie"

I can't say I feel an obligation--never seen it like that, even though that's a neat idea. I'm just like, "oh beautiful day!" and run out the doors.

jeremy said...

oh, right ,it says posted by Kyrie. Boy, I'm an idiot!