Saturday, December 09, 2006

We Won!


We won! and got 30$ for Carter Christmas. The building we live in is called Carter (and my dad actually lived in this building when he went to Covenant :) and on Thursday night each hall (15 halls in all) had to comleatly get decked out with a theme and most halls took all day decorating. Then in the evening everyone from the rest of the campus comes through all Carter's halls to see the show on each hall. Our hall, 4th south, did carnival christmas and had loud carnival music playing all night long (I know, it's a bit freaky) but WE WON!! We had the tallest person in the world, the shortest, clowns, a muscle man, a acrobat, a kissing booth, a fortune teller (teling people what they'd get for christmas), sword swallower and santa and santa's elf. Kyrie was a clown and I was Santa's elf! Although I doubted it would work, it was a HIT!















14 comments:

kyrieanna said...

fyi, i was not a clown..pretty sure suzanne topped me on that one..(the one with her face totally painted)

i couldn't decide WHAT to be so i just threw on bright colors and put my hair in pig tails and jumped around and made noise in the hall to just kinda spread the excitment..

really fun!
and woke up the next morning with a splitting headache:)

funke said...

all these bright colours are making me happy. i miss carter.

kyrieanna said...

yeah, she loves haning with you.

Anonymous said...

why is this so creepy to me!?! yall are super cute but the idea unsettles me, am i just a wierdo or somthin? hah sheesh im such a girl!

kyrieanna said...

no, everybody thought that. they're like "oh, yeah..your hall really creeped me out."..or "yeah, yours was the really creepy hall."

SarahJ said...

cool-ness

Sienna said...

it was totally freaky, Chalice. I hated the idea from the start.. but then it won!!! but yeah, Kyr's right.. everyone was freaked out. They'd all look at me with this really frightened expression...'specially since I was jumping up and down, pigtails flying, twirling red and green balloons like pom poms and screaming "merry christmas" in this high pitched elf voice.

:::::::freak-KAY:::::::::

Anonymous said...

whoa sienna, calm down! haha

Anonymous said...

cool, I always wanted 5th North to do circus christmas, which is almost the same, but we never did.

faith said...

heh. These comments made me laugh. It looked like fun, even if it was a little freaky.

Anna P said...

First the pray for the finals blog and then this... call me crazy, but shouldn't the University be focasing the students attention to studying rather then competitions to draw them away from school work?

kyrieanna said...

yeah, you'd think.

funke said...

but just think: how many pictures are you taking of your hall? how many pictures are you taking of your exam papers?


will your grandkids beg you for stories of english comp or for stories of carter christmas?

college isn't about learning...

~this rather irresponsible piece of advice brought to you by a former study-holic...

Lindsay said...

I think that was awesome. Eventhough I must admit clowns, carnivals and the like sort of scare me....but your idea was a good one! Congrats on winning! It looked like fun.