Monday, October 08, 2007

i miss this one.

that girl with cool glasses and dark hair. the one i met two semesters ago and found a friend in. that one who resembles Wendy and appreciates good coffee at the back table in the library. the one whose voice makes me calm and peaceful and whose example to me was consistently one of patience, humility, love, and tenderness. she used to live in carter at the end of my hall in this big room where twinkle lights lined the ceiling and roses hung above the couch. I miss studying on that couch with tobi beside, sitting at her desk making earrings or fighting through a paper...one i'd be blessed to read afterward. I miss late nights of jack and kate and dinners at six.

tobi anderson, you're one of those people i'm finding very hard to forget. the mountain misses you. (i miss you)

7 comments:

linnea said...

missing friends is tough.

'nuf said!

:-(

kate said...

It seems we humans tend to concentrate on what we don't have, or the people we are not with--curious isn't it...anyone agree or disagree?

Sienna said...

i dont like to look at it that way but this way rather... appriciating what we do have. cause i still have tobi. and i just want her to know that i treasure her since i can't tell her across chapel lawn anymore.
love, sienna

Katie Lin said...

I agree with you Mrs. Kate.

kate said...

Brae brought this to my attention a year ago or so when i was checking email, etc but had people right in my living room i could have been conversing with-Brae found that she would do the same thing and so...curious as my sister lyn would say...

Anonymous said...

It's funny. Have you ever been in one place, but consistently think you see people from another place? This is what happens to me. For fragments of a second I think I see you, or any other dear friend from Covenant- And then I shake the image out of my head and realize I'm in a different place now. But your mom is right; I need to be thankful for where I am at now as much as for where I was. But it's hard, because I have never been more blessed and loved than by you and everyone on that mountain.

I love you. And you are right... you will always have me!

Anonymous said...

i think i see you all the time... yes yes. i know what you mean.