Monday, October 15, 2007

what monday holds for me

it's monday and i don't wake up to my screeching, high-pitched cell phone alarm clock. i don't stumble out of bed in the darkness and creep to the bathroom room and have to step around the door as it's shutting because the room is so tiny. my eyes are not shocked by my morning face and the 60 watt bulb that shoots into my tiny white bathroom. i don't have to do my whole morning rountine in less than 10 minutes. i can do it in 15 or 20 or i can take an hour to wash my face, brush my teeth, use lotion, do my hair, get dressed, find socks and shoes. and the best thing about it is that i don't have to do it at all if i don't want to! it's fall break and will be until wednesday night. oh the intense joy of having no rush.

i don't like sleeping in so i was up at 7:50 this morning. partly because i couldn't go back to sleep anyway because of a big beeping tractor right outside my window and partly because i wanted to get up. i have a whole day packed of wonderful things to do that arn't school. and my company is the best of the best: sienna.

My Monday To Do List:
getting winter clothes (because the weather is quickly spiraling down and i'm not prepared),
sienna's going brunette at 2:00
throwing on the wheel to make at least one more cylinder
having lunch at kiko's cause she's home today
visiting Taryn in the lab to see a dissected shark
running on a beautiful trail i found the other day, as soon as my shuffle energizes
cleaning my room for Jessie and for myself because the dirt is becoming visible now
eric gets back tonight!
camping and making s'mores tonight with fall-break friends.

so instead of scrubbing the chapel forom 7-9 am and then racing to breakfast and doctrine class in a herd of tired, quiet students i get to do this instead and it's making me happy.

pictures soon! we took them, just have to upload them. will be appearing here and on flickr soon. promise.

-Kyrie

ps. what is in my ears right now. i love chris martin:

you're the target that i'm aiming at
and i'm nothing on my own
got to get that message home

and i'm not gonna stand and wait
not gonna leave it until it's much too late
on a platform i'm gonna stand and stay

that i'm nothing on my own
that i love you please come home

my song is love is love unknown
and i've got to get that message home.

5 comments:

linnea said...

kyrie, kyrie! i really enjoyed reading this post. you perfectly conveyed the whole "on holiday" sensation. it IS so wonderful. i, myself, am already daydreaming about thanksgiving break for ben. even though i just lead a simple relatively un-stressed life. . . it makes a big difference when my other half is weighed down with school! so it will be so sweet and wonderful to have a few days at thanksgiving to just chill, watch movies, christmas shop, drink hot coffee....ooooh! i'm getting excited!

i really wish i could be there with y'all though. your whole day sounds so much fun and i wish i could pal around with you! have fun!

lovelovelove,
linnea

kate said...

1)get rid of the screeching alarm clock, 2)get rid of the 7-9am scrubbing job in the chapel-both sound horrid 3)Hallelujah that Sienna is a brunette again! 4)how much do you think you 2 combined have spent on hair color?! Thank you for the gift of your post. ily.mom

Anonymous said...

sweet post, Kyrie. Enjoy. And while you're scrubbing the chapel pray for you friends and classmates who will worship there.

Anonymous said...

This is a Fall Break worthy to be duplicated. And I wish I could be the one to duplicate it! Everything sounds like a wonderful change of pace. So you're taking ceramics this semester? How fun! I know I told you to watch your mailbox... keep watching! ;)

Anonymous said...

Dearest Kyrie:

I agree with Linnea - it was fun reading your post, and when she said:
"it will be so sweet and wonderful to have a few days" giving thanks, and "to just chill, watch movies, christmas shop, drink hot coffee....ooooh! i'm getting excited!" We were at your home today in Cambridge and missed you. Heidi was with us. (BTW, who is Linnea?)