Sunday, January 13, 2008

swept away

i got back home tonight around 7:30 and dropping my three heavy bags, I plopped down on my soft bed and buried by cold feet in blankets and wool socks. (it's freezing again and I walked bear foot all the way across campus cause the heels i was wearing all day were hurting my little toesies.) after returning jessie's shirts, browsing through bethany's photographs and returning chewy's iron I settled back into my room and facing my little white macintosh I wondered how I was going to memorize 150 Spanish words for tomorrow's class and write the rest of my book review. my eyelids felt like rocks. my sunday had been beautiful so far... a new city morning, lunch at the drexlers, a little uno
attack, miles davis' 19 minute track, a drive to makay's and even a double cheeseburger at mcdonalds with michael... homework just wasn't fitting in.

but then brae sent me a g-chat message with this song. and it swept me away. turned my mood around. my energy soared and my mind came alive. I wanted to be at this girl's concert... this girl named santogold. tonight wouldn't be that night but spanish suddenly didn't seem so bad and the book review would come together cause santogold would keep be company and keep my eyelids wide open!

i really love music.

(this isn't a music video but you can hear it. click this.)

No comments: