Saturday, March 04, 2006

freedom


this photo was taken by joel wingo. that must be said before i continue. ("give credit where credit is due"--the biggest thing i've learned in my english 101 class so far.")

i didn't know that such an amazing photo could be taken. this image excites and calms me. i love everything about it. the rustic yellow. the wires shooting forward. the gripping hand. the blurred, sunlight splattered trees. i love the contrast of the color going on.

i love it. i love photography. i love the abilities it gives.--to transform everyday images into amazing works of art. makes you look at things twice or in a new way. man i love it.

photography like this assures me of what i already know, life is beautiful.

10 comments:

Sienna said...

kyr kyr,
you say "love" too much.

linnea said...

no she doesn't

linnea said...

p.s. Joel's the man!

faith said...

awesome.

kyrieanna said...

that's the beauty of blogger man. you can disregard all the rules you've learn in english one oh one and be repetative...or stop using capitals altogether or start a sentence with and.

and i love it. :-)

hannah said...

man....great photo!

jeremy said...

Starting sentences with But and And isn't a good thing if it's overdone. But--it helps emphasize points.

Really though, people should say "I like this" or "I like this a lot" instead of "I love this." I mean, some things maybe we shouldn't love. HOWEVER things that have to do with color and nature and art-- these are okay to say you love.
Nat got really annoyed when I started telling her that I "liked" her. Now I wanted her to know that I like her, because biblical we're supposed to LOVE EVERYBODY, and Nat isn't just ANYBODY. She's my buddy.
There's my post of the day.

Sienna said...

jeremy, I agreee with you. the word "love" shouldn't be thrown around frivolously. It's a special word. Overuse it and it looses it's value. And it has great value.

kyrieanna said...

okay okay guys.

i get it
i get it.

gees.

grey rose (they/them) said...

i love KYRIE
i love posts with meaning
i love papas
i love all howie girlies
i love summers by the ocean
love love love love