Friday, November 11, 2005

a blustery day




yesterday found us at Horn Point. chalice and i along with the whole school. though the trip was geared more for the little kids, i got into disecting owl pellots with the best of em. we all played a tag game out on the lawn too..some kind of game that included migratating and hibernating. running games get me fired up no matter what. we had to collect "food" and put it in our "stomachs" which were paper bags before we got eaten by the predator, played by our principal mr. steve. by the end i was lying face up on the ground, with a throat burning from the cold air, my hair all a mess and legs that felt rubber. i'm so blessed competetive. often, not for my own good.

then my favorite thing of all. chalice and i got to lead a group of three boys on a scavenger hunt! a nature one. running down a grassy trail trying to find spider webs and wildflowers with little ambitious boys is my cup of tea. and having chalice right there to keep the mood energetic. all the tips of my body turned freezing cold: my fingers, toes and nose but i loved it all the same. something about being in nature and hiking gives me great satisfaction. i probably owe this to my beloved grandipop.

2 comments:

linnea said...

Oh it looks so nice and chilly there

SarahJ said...

This trip was Great and we each had a little dear that day...