Thursday, February 22, 2007

Peru&Me


I'M GOING TO PERU! or at least planning to, over spring break. that's coming up!! it starts march 3rd! that's only ONE week away. 15 covenant-ers are treking down to Haunta, Peru to help missionaries with their work; whatever that may be. We'll be focusing on Vacation Bible School for the children, construction and cleaning of churches in the area and genereally providing help for the missionaries and the people they are trying to reach. The parents of my friend are missionaries and have been for 30 years. I really can't wait to bust out of the states, forget myself and my needs and show Christ's love to others who desperately need it.

here's where you come in!

the cost of the trip is $1,500. So far, i've been able to raise about $750.00. If all of you (this goes out to everyone. friends, family, all ages!) work together and send a bit each I'll be on my way to Peru when March 3rd arrives. Any amount is welcomed and deeply appriciated. thank you so much to people who have helped me already.

If you are interested PLEASE let me know or just email me at khoward@covenant.edu

thanks guys!

6 comments:

Damien said...

tell us where to send the money and who to make the check out to.

kyrieanna said...

i wasn't sure if should put my address out there. if you'd like the address just email me..khoward@covenant.edu the check should be made out to Mission to the World though.

JLW said...

HEY?! Did you make it to Peru? What is going on?

Sienna said...

she sapposed to leave on Saturday night... but she'd still got a couple hundred to raise.

yay:::: spring break:::: almost here--->3moredays

SarahJ said...

hey did you get the money i send you??? Kyrie?

Sienna said...

yes! it got here... Kyrie was so touched. I'm sure she sent you a note.. she's in peru now..thanks to such good friends like you sara!

she showed me your card right away.. it was precious. thanks sara, for your love.