Thursday, December 13, 2007

"if you tuwn him tail, him wings fwap."
Pax said this when he was a little guy, when he still couldn't quite pronounce his r's and l's. We were at Mcdonalds and there was a dragon toy in the happy meal bag. I remember Aunt Pamela was there, Brae and Kyrie too. We never went to Macdonald's. Happy Meals were like Christmas Morning and the whole concept of a free toy with your meal was unbelievable. Pax dived inside the bag and his little fist emerged with this confusing looking toy that none of us could figure out how to work. We all fiddled with it until Pax, with his insanely cute voice and disposition, perked up and said "when you tuwn him tail, him wings fwap!!!" He was right. we turned the tail and those wings flapped... and all of you who didn't know Pax when he was a little guy, well, you really missed out.

I thought of that story when I found these prints by a philly artist on etsy.com. I sort of fell in love with them right away. I now want to go find some land, buy it and build myself a home and then go online, type in etsy.com and purchase these dear prints. And then maybe I'll them hang in my bathroom or maybe above the coat rack so people will see them when they walk in the door. maybe they'll look better on the left side of the mantle or somewhere in the kitchen. i'm not sure.

you should check out the rest of her work on ETSY though. click here.
(mrs. kate, I totally see these prints in your store...yeahyeah?)
and check out the rest of etsy while you're at it. it's a good little christmas spot.










7 comments:

kate said...

love the art! great story about Pax-he is still quick like that!!

Anonymous said...

but he doesn't say "fwap" or "tuwn"...

linnea said...

sienna, this is such a sweet post because i can just FEEL how much you adore your little brother. I marvel at the love older siblings show to their little sisters and brothers. today i spent the whole day with a family with 10 children. there was so much love going around!!

jeremy said...

merry christmas sienna! Have a good break guys..

KristenAnne said...

you make me wish I had a little sibling!! But i love the art too!

Brae Howard said...

dude. my friend eleanor has this art hanging in her house. she probably knows the artist. philly's so small and eleanor has a lot of birds in her art too!

Brae Howard said...

dawg, i met this artist at a bar the other night. her name is nif. i told her my sisters in georgia found her stuff on etsy and put it on their blog. she was flattered.