Monday, December 17, 2007

put the lights on the tree

Put the lights on the tree
Put the ribbon on the wreath
Call your grandma on the phone
If she's living all alone
Tell her Jesus Christ is here
Tell her she has none to fear
If she's crying on the phone
Tell her you are coming home
La la la la la la la
(-sufjan stevens)


mom's been decorating 5 talbot for christmas time. Pax, Chali, and her actually did it a couple days before kyrie and i got home. the night we got back after our 16 hour excursion from the mountain we walked into a home that i always seem to see with news eyes each time i return. I walk in the door and breathe it all in...jember's at my heels and pax is asleep on the couch. it's a home...my home...and even though it was only two and half weeks since thanksgiving something about that time made it a couple years. the trees around are home are magical. my home is so cozy. my mother is amazing. my father, so creative...my little sister, beautiful and pax so loving. he had beaded necklaces all wrapped and waiting for kyrie and i when we walked in. there are candles in the windows, garlands strewn about, twinkle lights in every room and a combination of sujan and amy grant's christmas songs play from the living room. mom has made this place a christmas haven...she has the touch.


this morning I thought to look up this sufjan christmas song on youtube and to my delight there was actually a video and very dear one at that. click
THIS to hear a refreshing christmas jingle that's been filling the howard home.

2 comments:

Jonnie said...

Beauty is laced all through this post my love.

JLW said...

Pax is the most darling tree ornament! :) haha! Aren't family pictures the best?