Monday, March 05, 2007

reporting from Kentucky...






I love loving the little things of life. I think college has done it to me. I got to Louisville, Kentucky around 3:30 on Saturday and when I saw the room I'd be staying in, I was literally, speechless. There was a double bed all for me with a quilt over it and two pink pillows. The sheets had girly flowers on them and they were changed just for my arrival. There were two pink flowers on the night table and a basket of wonderfulness on my pillow. Towels, just for me, were folded so charmingly at the end of my bed. There was even a veil that came down over the bed that's made me feel like a princess these past couple nights and I'm now convinced that I need one for the rest of my life. I'm going to talk to Kyrie when I get back and talk her into getting them for our beds. :)

It's wonderful here though... the perfect break. Talking. Sitting on comfy couches. Drinking coffee in the morning (and any other time I want). Eating Anna's homecooked meals in beautiful bowls, plates, and cups. This house is filled with Ikea touches, Pottery Barn furniture, Target things and Holland's dishes and fabrics. Anna was always a wonderful decorator of our cabin on the ship. She really made it feel like home with warm colors, flowers, and good frames with pictures. She's done the same to this place and once again I'm feeling like I'm home (it's a mix between 5 talbot and cabin 85. they're both my homes)

It's beautiful.

8 comments:

Damien said...

nice little tour. reminds me of brae showing us around her wee apartment in china via her blog.

and i like what's happening to your website. are you glad you took the upgrade leap?

Sienna said...

i am glad... i was laughing a little at the things that automatically changed.. like how "lookout kids" is blue now and how it says "remarks" instead of "comments."

"comments" is so much more hip..i'm not quite sure why they switched to "remarks."

I gotta think of something clever to change it to.

grey rose (they/them) said...

love these posts. happy you R happy
i love this chick's steez:)


rather than "comments":
backtalk
mouthful
comeback
people say
bees buzz
:)
or, like mine says:
little birdies say
:)

chalice said...

sienna:) i really love these posts alot. and im glad you liked mine too! your comments make me want to post alot more so ill figure a way to get hold of a camera do it more often hopefully. makes me smile to know your having such a good break to. ...hopefully ill end up visiting yall in the next month or so:):)

Anonymous said...

oohh, this is great! I'm glad your break is so fabuloso!

Ben and I registered for one of the canopy things .. I hope we can get one, they are so cool!!!

-saxaphone jones

Brae Howard said...

dude, yukari and ginger used to have those princess drapes over their beds. i've seen it done. do it.

Sienna said...

thanks hannah singer for your suggestions..

i picked one!

you're a life savor :)

grey rose (they/them) said...

;-)
xoxoxox